FORUMS du CLUB STEPHEN KING (CSK)
CE FORUM NE VIVANT PLUS, IL EST MAINTENANT FERME.

Si vous souhaitez continuer à discuter autour de Stephen King, nous ne pouvons que vous inviter à rejoindre notre groupe de discussions sur Facebook.

Tous les détails à ce sujet sur le site du Club Stephen King :
https://club-stephenking.fr/rejoignez-la-communaute-des-fans-de-stephen-king-sur-facebook
CE FORUM NE VIVANT PLUS, IL EST MAINTENANT FERME.

Si vous souhaitez continuer à discuter autour de Stephen King, nous ne pouvons que vous inviter à rejoindre notre groupe de discussions sur Facebook.

Tous les détails à ce sujet sur le site du Club Stephen King :
https://club-stephenking.fr/rejoignez-la-communaute-des-fans-de-stephen-king-sur-facebook
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Discussions et actualités des livres et films de Stephen King - https://club-stephenking.fr/

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(CDAV) Foire aux vins : -20% dès 99€ d’achat
Voir le deal

CARRIE EDITION ANNIVERSAIRE PS PUBLISHING

AuteurMessage
hashka
Fidèle Lecteur
hashka

CARRIE EDITION ANNIVERSAIRE PS PUBLISHING Empty
MessageSujet: CARRIE EDITION ANNIVERSAIRE PS PUBLISHING   CARRIE EDITION ANNIVERSAIRE PS PUBLISHING EmptyDim 20 Mar 2016 - 20:42

Bonjour,

Je vend mon exemplaire de CARRIE édition anniversaire PS Publishing.

A NOVEL by Stephen King
PUBLICATION DATE April 2014
CATEGORY Horror
EDITION Slipcased Jacketed Hardcover
COVER, ENDPAPER and ALL INTERIOR ART Glenn Chadbourne
PRINT RUN 974 signed by Glenn Chadbourne, James Lovegrove and Kim Newman, plus a facsimile signature from Stephen King
INTRODUCTION James Lovegrove
AFTERWORD Kim Newman
PAGES 224
ISBN 978-1-848637-67-2

"It reminds me of a cookie baked by a first grader," Stephen King said of Carrie, his first published novel, many years after the book’s 1974 appearance. "Tasty enough, but kind of lumpy and burned on the bottom."

Well, that so-so confection led to a cordon bleu parade of some of the world’s most successful novels by, arguably, the most successful and beloved author in any field. Indeed, King has since gone on, in 2003, to receive the Medal of Distinguished Contribution to American Letters.

But, in the spirit of mighty oaks from little acorns growing, Carrie, a brand-new blustering debut novel about a put-upon girl with menstrual problems written by a young wannabe writer, was indeed a humble beginning. And it was a big chance for its publisher.

Carrie was written on King’s wife Tabitha’s portable typewriter while the couple and their then two children were living in a trailer. It started life as a short story intended for Cavalier magazine, but King dumped the first three pages. Fortunately, his wife noticed the pages in the trash and fished them out, advising her husband to go on and finish the tale . . . but he went one step better: he expanded it into a novel.

"I persisted because I was dry and had no better ideas . . . my considered opinion was that I had written the world's all-time loser."

At the National Book Awards, King did not speak about writing or success or money. He talked about the woman who rescued Carrie from the trash and insisted he keep going. “There is a time,” he said, “in the lives of most writers, when they are vulnerable, when the vivid dreams and ambitions of childhood seem to pale in the harsh sunlight of what we call the real world.

“In short, there’s a time when things can go either way. That vulnerable time for me came during 1971 to 1973. If my wife had suggested to me even with love and kindness and gentleness . . . that the time had come to put my dreams away and support my family, I would have done that with no complaint.” We should all of us give thanks that didn’t happen.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

CARRIE EDITION ANNIVERSAIRE PS PUBLISHING
Page 1 sur 1